Trustee Vacancies, x2
We are looking to recruit two new Trustees to join our Board with immediate effect. This is a chance to make a real difference to the fortunes of our rivers in Wales, to overcome the issues that affect them and help restore them to ecological health.
Afonydd Cymru is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome diversity amongst our staff and Trustees. We welcome applications from a wide range of backgrounds but in particular, we are currently looking for Trustees with skills in the following areas:
- Accountancy and/or finance
- Community engagement/citizen science
As one of our Trustees you will have the chance to be part of a team that:
- Contributes actively to developing the strategic direction of the charity and associated issues.
- Influences and works collaboratively with a range of other organisations towards the objective of improving rivers and the wider freshwater environment in Wales.
- Ensures Afonydd Cymru acts in accordance with its governing document and with charitable and other relevant legislation or regulations.
The Board meets quarterly, usually at our office in Talgarth, near Brecon. Meetings may take place on any day of the week. In addition, Trustees may take a watching brief on areas in which they have expertise.
Whether you are an experienced Trustee or someone wanting to take up a new way of contributing to the natural environment in Wales, we want to hear from you. Appointments are likely to be made in the Autumn of 2022.
More information about the role of Afonydd Cymru Trustee can be found in the Trustee Information document. If you would like to apply, please email your CV with a covering statement to [email protected] as to the contribution you consider that you could bring to AC.